Skip to main content

I'm okay



The world has a hidden beauty only known for those who know how to reach deep down in their hearts to give.  What we get from giving or dedicating our time for the good can never be bought by money, because the joy that we receive is so valuable. We receive emotions, happiness, and we feel the love. "We make a living by what we get, and we make a life by what we give.".  There is always a sense of appreciation that we feel towards our lives every now and then.  That's when we realize how blessed we are, but how would you feel when you think of all the people that you've helped through your life time?  Their smiles are priceless. Their joy is indescribable. And the love that you gain in return makes you thankful to be surrounded by great people, and for having enough to give too. 

I was raised on the idea of helping others as long as I'm alive and healthy.  Sharing the love of living with those who forget about how great it is to smile, just smile, is what we need more of. Helping others and seeing them appreciate knowing you makes you feel like you matter, and that you left an emotion wherever you were.

I regret acting moody and grumpy during the past few days. It seems like I have forgotten that as long as I have a roof above my head, then I'm okay. As long as I'm in a house to protect me from the cold, then I'm okay. As long as I know that I'm surrounded by people who love me, then I'm more than okay. Remember, when we are okay, then we are happy. It doesn't take us a lot of effort to search for our happiness, because it lives within us, and around us, all around the world by the good that we give. 

Give and you will receive. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Days With Dad يومان مع والدي

*This blog post was written only two days before my dear father's accident -may he rests in peace-. *هذا المقال كُتب يومان فقط قبل وفاة والدي الحبيب رحمه الله  Tears may express both happiness and sadness. A shaking voice can describe either fear or sorrow. A shivering body can describe all of the mentioned above. But what if, only if at one point in life, all of these emotions combine together to crash the human's body? What if our emotions can break our hearts in a second, then build them back again in the next?  الدموع قد تعبر عن كلا السعادة و الحزن. الصوت المكسور قد يعبر عن الخوف و الأسى. الجسم المرتعش قد يعبر عن جميع ما ذكر بالأعلى. و لكن ماذا إذا، فقط إذا في وقفة معينة في الحياة، كل هذه المشاعر تجتمع سوياً لتكسر جسد الإنسان؟  ماذا إذا كانت مشاعرنا قادرة على كسر قلوبنا في لحظة، و إعادة بنائها في الثانية التي تليها؟  Goodbyes are meant to happen to everyone. As I grow up, I realize how hard they can be depending on whom I'm saying goodbye to....

Hoping before McDowell's School Board

Not every exchange experience is the same, simply because every student is different, and every place is different too. Comparing an experience to another is a huge mistake, yet looking at each one individually triggers curiosity to those who are not part of it to know more.  Not every day is rainbows and sunshine, but surly not every other day is clouds and rain. One bad day shall never ruin a year long experience, and one good day will create memories that will spring in the happiness of many other days to come.     My day today was one of a kind. A day that shall keep me motivated for a good period of time. It's a day that I can smile at and tell myself that I actually invested my time in the project of my successful ways of living. I'll never be the wise person who advises people with powerful talks.  I'll never be the big boss who's in charge. Instead, or at least for now, I am going to live for the present and do my best in influencing a change in this communit...

الفرسان الثلاثة

"صديقتاي هم أخواتي" هذا ما قلته لسائق التاكسي الذي انتظر معي وصول صاحباتي من المطار يوم الأربعاء من هذا الأسبوع. انتظرت في المطار ٩ ساعات، و لم أملل أو أتعب، ربما لأن حماسي إزداد كلما إقتربت طائرتهم.  لكن دعونا نعود للوراء أولاً. عندما نقابل أي شخص جديد بالصدفة، لا نعلم أن سلامنا الرسمي ذاك قد يحول هذا الشخص الواقف أمامنا إلى جزء كبير من حياتنا. ذاك السلام هو بداية قصص عديدة، مغامرات كثيرة، ذكريات لا نهاية لها، و أحياناً: سفرات غير متوقعة.  قابلتهم في نفس اليوم، لكن قصتنا مختلفة تماماً عن أي صحبة. أصحابي مختلفين، لأن أصحابي هم أخواتي. يقول المثل أن الصاحب ساحب، و أنا أوافقه من وجهة نظري. لأن أصحابي يسحبوني للخير و يدعموني للنجاح. هم ليسوا كأي أحد، و صعب أن نشرح كيف يبارك لنا الله بمقابلة ناس كانوا غرباء فأصحبوا نِعْمَة.  أصحابي سافروا حول العالم من المملكة إلى نيويورك لحضور منتدى مسك و برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي للشباب و لمشاركتي في تجربة ثرية لتغيير هذا العالم الذين سافروا حوله للتو. وصلوا حاملين معهم رائحة الوطن و آمال شبابه. وصلوا بأعرض ابتسامات بينما رأون...