Skip to main content

Kid, smile, hi.


She was right. A couple of weeks ago, someone told me that''Me and my friends are still kids''. I couldn't agree with her, I thought that I'm an adult, and I can make decisions. Well, I have this adult part who is living inside of me. And, I have this kid part who is me. Lately, I thought that the age of 14 is a big number. But, yesterday I was helping my dad with some papers. I toke a look at my passport, and I saw my age, picture, and date of birth. So I thought in my mind ''Why am I bothering myself about being an adult?'' I'm just 14 years old. I can make some small decisions, but, I'm still me. I have a big life waiting for me, am I right?
See, I always have a big smile on my face. Even if I'm sad I smile, I keep the anger inside of me by smiling. People die and I smile. A lot of people have told me ''Stop smiling, it's not the time!'' A lot of people have told me ''Stop saying hi in the morning, it's not the time!'', ''You have this face, the kids face but I like it''. Smiling is my way of saying I'm sad, happy, angry, or don’t talk to me. So, please accept it.
I had a rough time making friends 6 years ago in my school, because I was the ''new girl''. I was in 4th grade so I was a kid. A kid with no friends. I didn't know what was their problem, I thought that maybe one day we'll be best friends. That year was like a nightmare for me, I wanted to go home and have a normal, regular life. What really made things worse is that I didn't tell anyone about what was happening to me. But, I faced that with a smile and some hope. After six years, that smile, that hope really paid off. Now, we're friends, best friends, and sisters.
That story reminded me about being a kid. I'm taking this opportunity to be a kid before it's too late, too late to be a REAL adult and have some REAL problems. So whoever you are, just smile, share your smiles with others. Say hi, and be a kid before it's too late.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two Days With Dad يومان مع والدي

*This blog post was written only two days before my dear father's accident -may he rests in peace-. *هذا المقال كُتب يومان فقط قبل وفاة والدي الحبيب رحمه الله  Tears may express both happiness and sadness. A shaking voice can describe either fear or sorrow. A shivering body can describe all of the mentioned above. But what if, only if at one point in life, all of these emotions combine together to crash the human's body? What if our emotions can break our hearts in a second, then build them back again in the next?  الدموع قد تعبر عن كلا السعادة و الحزن. الصوت المكسور قد يعبر عن الخوف و الأسى. الجسم المرتعش قد يعبر عن جميع ما ذكر بالأعلى. و لكن ماذا إذا، فقط إذا في وقفة معينة في الحياة، كل هذه المشاعر تجتمع سوياً لتكسر جسد الإنسان؟  ماذا إذا كانت مشاعرنا قادرة على كسر قلوبنا في لحظة، و إعادة بنائها في الثانية التي تليها؟  Goodbyes are meant to happen to everyone. As I grow up, I realize how hard they can be depending on whom I'm saying goodbye to....

الفرسان الثلاثة

"صديقتاي هم أخواتي" هذا ما قلته لسائق التاكسي الذي انتظر معي وصول صاحباتي من المطار يوم الأربعاء من هذا الأسبوع. انتظرت في المطار ٩ ساعات، و لم أملل أو أتعب، ربما لأن حماسي إزداد كلما إقتربت طائرتهم.  لكن دعونا نعود للوراء أولاً. عندما نقابل أي شخص جديد بالصدفة، لا نعلم أن سلامنا الرسمي ذاك قد يحول هذا الشخص الواقف أمامنا إلى جزء كبير من حياتنا. ذاك السلام هو بداية قصص عديدة، مغامرات كثيرة، ذكريات لا نهاية لها، و أحياناً: سفرات غير متوقعة.  قابلتهم في نفس اليوم، لكن قصتنا مختلفة تماماً عن أي صحبة. أصحابي مختلفين، لأن أصحابي هم أخواتي. يقول المثل أن الصاحب ساحب، و أنا أوافقه من وجهة نظري. لأن أصحابي يسحبوني للخير و يدعموني للنجاح. هم ليسوا كأي أحد، و صعب أن نشرح كيف يبارك لنا الله بمقابلة ناس كانوا غرباء فأصحبوا نِعْمَة.  أصحابي سافروا حول العالم من المملكة إلى نيويورك لحضور منتدى مسك و برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي للشباب و لمشاركتي في تجربة ثرية لتغيير هذا العالم الذين سافروا حوله للتو. وصلوا حاملين معهم رائحة الوطن و آمال شبابه. وصلوا بأعرض ابتسامات بينما رأون...

Hoping before McDowell's School Board

Not every exchange experience is the same, simply because every student is different, and every place is different too. Comparing an experience to another is a huge mistake, yet looking at each one individually triggers curiosity to those who are not part of it to know more.  Not every day is rainbows and sunshine, but surly not every other day is clouds and rain. One bad day shall never ruin a year long experience, and one good day will create memories that will spring in the happiness of many other days to come.     My day today was one of a kind. A day that shall keep me motivated for a good period of time. It's a day that I can smile at and tell myself that I actually invested my time in the project of my successful ways of living. I'll never be the wise person who advises people with powerful talks.  I'll never be the big boss who's in charge. Instead, or at least for now, I am going to live for the present and do my best in influencing a change in this communit...