Skip to main content

Two Days With Dad يومان مع والدي

*This blog post was written only two days before my dear father's accident -may he rests in peace-.

*هذا المقال كُتب يومان فقط قبل وفاة والدي الحبيب رحمه الله 


Tears may express both happiness and sadness. A shaking voice can describe either fear or sorrow. A shivering body can describe all of the mentioned above. But what if, only if at one point in life, all of these emotions combine together to crash the human's body? What if our emotions can break our hearts in a second, then build them back again in the next? 

الدموع قد تعبر عن كلا السعادة و الحزن. الصوت المكسور قد يعبر عن الخوف و الأسى. الجسم المرتعش قد يعبر عن جميع ما ذكر بالأعلى. و لكن ماذا إذا، فقط إذا في وقفة معينة في الحياة، كل هذه المشاعر تجتمع سوياً لتكسر جسد الإنسان؟  ماذا إذا كانت مشاعرنا قادرة على كسر قلوبنا في لحظة، و إعادة بنائها في الثانية التي تليها؟ 

Goodbyes are meant to happen to everyone. As I grow up, I realize how hard they can be depending on whom I'm saying goodbye to. They turn from hugs at the bus stop to school, to long teary hugs by the security check points in different airports around the world.  Goodbyes become our worst enemies that we'll never be able to kill, simply because we are the ones who choose to leave. The fast heart beats, the hot fast tears, the cold body, the twist in the tongue that allows absolutely no words to be spoken. The feelings take over the whole body, transforming it through different stages until I, myself, decide that it's okay to say goodbye, and that I need to keep going. 

الوداع محتوم أن يحدث للجميع. و بينما أكبر، أستوعب مدى قوة الوداع على حسب الإنسان الذي نودعه. الموضوع يتحول من وداع سريع عند باص المدرسة، إلى أحضان طويلة و مليئة بالمشاعر و الدموع عن نقاط التفتيش في عدة مطارات حول العالم. الوداع يصبح عدونا اللدود الذي لن نتمكن أبداً من هزيمته، لأن ببساطة نحن، بأنفسنا، نختار أن نرحل.  دقات القلب السريعة، الدموع الحارة، الجسد البارد، و لعثمة اللسان التي لا تسمح لأي كلمة أن تُنطق. المشاعر تسيطر على الجسد كله، تحوله و تأخذه في مراحل عدة. إلى أن أنا، بنفسي، أقرر أن أتقبل الوداع، و أسمح لنفسي بالمضي في الحياة لأن هذه هي سنتها. 

April 2nd, 2015 marks as an important day in my exchange year. It is the day when I saw my father after eight months. I flew to New York to see him, and no words will ever describe the way I felt.  I was very anxious to get off the plane, I was so happy, and didn't know how to prepare myself.

أبريل الثاني من سنة ٢٠١٥ الميلادية يعد يوم مهم جداً في سنتي لالتبادل الثقافي. إنه اليوم الذي رأيت والدي فيه بعد ثمانية أشهر. سافرت لنيويورك لكي أراه، و لن أجد أي كلمات كافية لتعبر عما شعرت به. كنت قلقة جداً لكي تهبط طائرتي، و لكنني كنت أيضاً سعيدة جداً، حقاً، فرحانة! و لم أعلم كيف أجهز نفسي للقاء حبيبي. 
I saw him waiting for me in a navy blue suit -AKA my favorite color-.  I froze in my place for a couple of seconds in a shock, because my dad really was right there waiting for me. I walked so slow to him as I gazed to make sure that that man was my father! I hugged him so tight for minutes.  My body started to shiver uncontrollably. My tears were falling so fast that even he was scared and thought that something was wrong with me. I cried out of pure happiness. He asked me about my bag, I opened my mouth to speak but didn't have the ability to say anything. He laughed to took me to wait for my bag, then he looked me and "Well, you've grown!".  I kept on looking at him not believing that he really was there, right there, with me in the US!  I've never felt this way, the feeling was so new to me, the happiness that filled my heart was unbelievable. 

وقعت عيناي عليه ينتظرني في بدلة كحلية اللون -كما يعرف أيضاً بلوني المفضل!-. حرفياً، تجمدت في مكاني للحظات من الصدمة، لأن والدي كان حقاً هناك ينتظرني. مشيت ببطئ شديد، بينما حدقت على وجهه بدقة شديدة لأتأكد أن هذا الرجل هو فعلاً أبي!  حضنته بقوة شديدة لدقائق. بدأ جسدي يرتجف بلا شعور أو تحكم مني.  بدأت دموعي تنهمر على بدلته، و رجفتي إزدادت حتى أنه خاف علي. بكيت من سعادة حقيقية. سألني عن حقيبتي، فتحت فمي لكي أتحدث، و لكنني لم أقدر على نطق أي كلمة من فرحي. نظر إلى و ضحك، ثم أخذني لننتظر حقيبتي، ثم قال "والله و كبرنا يا رزان!". لم أكف عن النظر إليه لأنني حقاً لم أصدق وجوده معي في امريكا!  لم يمتلكني هذا الشعور من قبل، كان حقاً جديد علي، السعادة ملأت قلبي بشكل لا يمكن وصفه أكثر. 

We hung out together for about 48 hours, and we simply talked about a lot of things. He asked me about my first day and how my flight was delayed for four hours. He wanted to know details to make sure that I was fine, but there I was in front of him all good and healthy, but still he wanted to know whether that delay ruined my very first day in North Carolina or not. He laughed about my different stories with the dogs. He listened with complete attention as I spoke about everything of my life in McDowell County.  

قضينا حوالي ٤٨ ساعة معاً، و تكلمنا عن أشياء كثيرة بكل عفوية.  سألني عن أول يوم لي و كيف تم تأخير رحلتي لأربع ساعات. أراد أن يعرف التفاصيل لكي يتأكد أنني كنت بخير، كنت أمامه بكل صحة و عافية، لكنه أراد أن يتأكد أن أول يوم لي في نورث كارولينا لم يتعثر بسبب التأخير. ضحك على قصصي مع الكلاب. أنصت لي بدقة حينما تكلمت عن حياتي هنا في مقاطعة مكداول. 

We went to Times Square and basically: spent time together. It was so hard to be far away from each other, but then it was so easy to spend time together just like in the old days. I wasn't younger, and we weren't in Thailand or Turkey for two weeks in the summer. This time I am older, and we were in the U.S., where I've been living for eight months. We were in New York City for two days in the spring, catching up on everything. 

ذهبنا إلى تايمز سكوير و بكل بساطة: قضينا وقت رائع معاً. كان صعب جداً أن نكون بعيدين عن بعض كل هذه الفترة، و لكنه كان سهل جداً أن نقضي الوقت معاً تماماً كأيام طفولتي. الفرق الوحيد أنني لم أكن أصغر، و لم نكن في تايلند أو تركيا لإسبوعين في إجازة الصيف.  هذه المرة كنت أكبر، و كنا في الولايات المتحدة. كنا في مدينة نيويورك ليوميان، في إجازة الربيع، نحاول أن نتحاور عن كل شيء لم نحضره أو ربما نعيشه سوياً. 

It's hard, I don't know what to write, I might feel empty and broken now. But yesterday in train to our last stop, right before he said goodbye to me, he said "If you're not happy here, then I promise you that I'll take you back with me. But We are all proud of you, and we want you to keep us feeling this way despite the distance. I want to tell people with pride 'this is my daughter'". I couldn't say anything. I leaned on his shoulder the whole way. My big happy smile faded away, but I had a smaller smile of hope for better days to come. 

إنه صعب، لا أعلم عماذا أكتب، لعله لأنني أشعر أنني مكسورة و مشاعري خالية الآن. لكن بالأمس، عندما كنا في القطار لمحطتنا الأخيرة معاً قبل أن يودعني، قال لي "إذا أنتِ مو مبسوطة هنا، أوعدك يا بابا اني بآخذك معي السعودية بكرة. بس والله كلنا فخورين فيك، و أبي نضل نفخر فيك بغظ النظر عن المسافة الكبيرة الي بينا. ابي أقول للناس و انا رافع راسي 'هذي بنتي رزان'". لم أستطع أن أقول شيء. إستندت على كتفه طوال الطريق. إبتسامتي العريضة في بداية ال ٤٨ ساعة بدأت بالبهتان. و لكن كانت لدي إبتسامة صغيرة، إبتسامة أمل لأيام أجمل معه في المستقبل. 

I must say that my goodbye to him was hard. But you know what? I was smiling because having the chance to spend two days with him was the best thing I could ever get in here. I missed my father very much, and I really did forget how amazing it feels to spend time with daddy!  But seriously, I am happy now. I'm flying over North Carolina right now and looking at the mountains. The sky is clear today, and I can see life starting to come back to the nature. This is home for now, I couldn't ask for better.  I have two months left in my exchange year, I'll enjoy them as they last.  I lived for the moment with my father, and I shall keep on living this way for the rest of my stay here. I am going to keep the memories that shall spring joy in my heart whenever they cross my mind in the present. 

يجب علي أن أقول أن وداعي له كان صعب جداً. لكن أتعلمون شيئاً؟  كنت أبتسم لأنني حضيت بفرصة ذهبية عظيمة لم تحصل لي قط هنا، و هي قضاء يومين معه!  حقاً، إشتقت لوالدي كثيراً، و فعلاً نسيت الشعور العظيم الذي يأتي مع قضاء الوقت مع بابا!  لكن حقاً، أنا سعيدة الآن.  أطير حالياً فوق نورث كارولينا بينما أنظر للجبال. السماء صافية اليوم، و يمكنني أن أرى الحياة تعود للطبيعة.  هذا هو بيتي الآن، و لا يمكنني أن أسال لمكان أفضل. تبقى لدي شهرين في سنتي للتبادل الثقافي، و سأستمتع بكل لحظاتها بينما هي تدوم. عشت لحاضري عندما كنت مع والدي، و يجب علي أن أستمر بالعيش هكذا لبقية مدة معيشتي هنا.  سأحتفظ بالذكريات التي صنعتها مع أبي لكي تخلق سعادة في قلبي من ماضينا معاً كلما تذكرتها في حاضري. 

* لا أعلم إن كانت هذه قطعة أم خاطرة أو مقال. حقاً لا أعلم. كتبتها بحزن تركه لي على أمل رؤيته بعد شهرين في حفل تخرجي، لكن الحمدلله على قضاء الله و قدره. تذكرت أنني كتبت هذا في ملاحظاتي، و سأشاركه من خلال مدونتي لعائلتي، أصحابنا، و معارفنا. اللهم أغفر لوالدي فرحان العقيل، اللهم إرحمه، اللهم إجعل قبره روضة من رياض الجنة، اللهم إجعله سيد من أسياد الجنة، اللهم صبرنا على فرقاه و إجمعنا به في جنتك. 

اللهم آمين. 

Comments

  1. ..بارك الله فيك يا شجاعه وزادك الله صبراً و يقيناً
    وفقك الله وبلغك بإذنه الدرجات العليا فى الدنيا والآخرة..

    ReplyDelete
  2. بارك الله فيك والله انك بطلة مشرقة و مستقبل بأذن الله لك

    ReplyDelete
  3. عزيزتي رزان قرأت كلامك بقلبي عوضك الله بوالدك خيراً وجمعك به في جنته في مستقر رحمتة حيث لا فراق ولا وداع .. قال لك انه يريد ان يفتخر بك ويقول للجميع هذه ابنتي رزان .. فكوني كما يتمناك * خلي كل احد يشوف بصمتك أثرك نجاحك يٌثني على من وثق بك أمن بقدرتك على من كان الداعم والمحفز عن والدك اتحدث . كٌل الدعوات والأمنيات لكِ * كوني الفخر الذي أرادهـ ❤️.

    ReplyDelete
  4. رحمه الله تعالى
    الوطن فقد رجلا من رجالاته المخلصين
    نعم اشتقنا لذاك القلم
    اشتقنا لتلك الابتسامة
    اشتقنا لتلك الفكاهة
    اشتقنا لذاك التواضع
    رحمك الله تعالى وجمعنا وإياك في الجنة

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hoping before McDowell's School Board

Not every exchange experience is the same, simply because every student is different, and every place is different too. Comparing an experience to another is a huge mistake, yet looking at each one individually triggers curiosity to those who are not part of it to know more.  Not every day is rainbows and sunshine, but surly not every other day is clouds and rain. One bad day shall never ruin a year long experience, and one good day will create memories that will spring in the happiness of many other days to come.     My day today was one of a kind. A day that shall keep me motivated for a good period of time. It's a day that I can smile at and tell myself that I actually invested my time in the project of my successful ways of living. I'll never be the wise person who advises people with powerful talks.  I'll never be the big boss who's in charge. Instead, or at least for now, I am going to live for the present and do my best in influencing a change in this community.

24 في الرضا، الامتنان، والاستقرار.

يقال في أحد كتب باولو كويلو أننا جميعاً في رحلة سعي دائمة في البحث عن "الكنز الكبير" في حياتنا. الكنز هنا  تعبير مجازي، ولمخيلة كل قارئ الحرية في السفر لأبعد المسافات في تصور طبيعة هذا الكنز، سواءاً كان علم، صحة، مال، أو غيرها من الأمور.    لذلك، ماذا لو ابحرنا قليلا لسا بخيالاتنا، لكن بواقع هنا وهناك. بما نراه اليوم في حياتنا من أشخاص، ما نستشعره حولنا من نعم من الله، ما نسمعه من واقع، ما نتنفسه من هواء بارد صافي، ما نتعلمه من دورس، ومن رفقة من هم حولنا من أشخاص نحبهم ويحبوننا، نقدرهم و نحترمهم، ونسعى في رحلة البحث هذه أن نكن على قدرٍ كامل من الوعي لإدراك وجودهم وكل هذه النعم حولنا.     اليوم أصبح عمري 24، وأكتب هنا بالعربية لعلي أستمتع ببلاغة هذه اللغة وجلالة حروفها التي تكون لنا معاني. استذكر السنة الماضية من عمري، وسنواتي الأربعة والعشرون هذه، وكل ذكرى كانت جزء من رحلة السعي هذه تجاه وجهة مختلفة.   أستذكر قصص تسميتي بـ "رزان". كيف كان هناك يوما في مجلس جدي فهد وعاء لقرعة أسماء مختلفة لربما كنت لأصبحها يوما، لكن والدي ممازحاً أمي وأخواتي، أخذ مسؤولية الكتابة على

Twelve Countries Uniting with Love for One Nation's Host Families

Sending small messages to more than five continents and ten countries could be extremely hard.  But finding the people who would respond to my messages with open hearts and a loud "YAS!" to something that I had to say was a piece of cake.  Having those strong connections made my last few nights light with happiness, because I was reminded through my friends' words, reactions, and pictures that the future really does belong to those of us who care about making it a better place to live for all.  We all shared one similar past during our time as exchange students in the United States in the school year of 2014-2015.  We said "Yes" to a new life that was full of new adventures and wild experiences.  We agreed to cross the Atlantic and the Pacific, because we strongly believed in our power, future, and in our own selves.  Age was not an obstacle, for we drew an amazing picture of America.  Yet the most important parts of this whole year were and forever will